driving abroad

driving abroad

Top 10 tips to driving abroad

Driving abroad this year? Here's what you need to know...
10 tips to driving abroad
It’s almost time for the summer holidays which means packing a suitcase and getting on the first plane out of an ever-rainy UK. But, how are you going to get around when you get there? It is very common for people to hire a car when they are abroad. This is probably one of the easiest ways to get from A to B when you are abroad, particularly if you are in a Villa or staying out of town where the public transport is scarce and taxis are expensive. However, driving a car abroad comes with its challenges and it’s important that you are prepared before you leave. So in this article, we are going to give you our top 10 tips to driving abroad.

How to prepare for taking your car on holiday

Heading off on holiday? Here's how to prepare your car for the journey...
are you a good driver
After what feels like the longest winter, it’s finally getting warmer. And, with so many more people taking ‘staycations’ in the past few years, it means that more of us will be using our cars as a means of getting to our holiday destination this summer. However, if you are travelling a long distance, then there are some things you should do to prepare your car, and your family, for a longer journey. So in this article, we’re going to cover some of the things you should do to prepare for taking your car on holiday.

Can I take a lease car outside the UK?

Going abroad with your lease car? Here's everything you need to know.
lease car outside the UK
Planning a trip abroad for business or pleasure? If you're considering driving outside of the UK in your lease vehicle then there are a few things you need to know. While you can take a lease car outside of the UK it is at the discretion of your finance house. Not only that, there is some paperwork that will be required before you go too. When taking a UK leased vehicle to Europe you will need to obtain the appropriate paperwork to do so. This is a VE1O3 certificate and a VE103B certificate. A VE103B certificate is designed to replace the original vehicle documentation when travelling abroad. A lease car driver does not possess the vehicle log book and so must obtain a VE103B certificate before travelling to prove they have permission to drive the vehicle. The VE103 certificate is designed to provide proof that they can take the vehicle outside of the UK. The driver must also carry both the VE103 and the VE103B certificate with them throughout their journey.
    Back to top