SHORT TERM LEASING
Everything you need to know about Short Term Leasing
WHAT IS A SHORT TERM LEASE
So, you’ve just hired a few employees on a short term contract and they need cars, or the lease on your current car is up and you’re still searching for the next one? A Short Term Lease could be just what you need and at OSV we can help.
With a shorter term lease/rental contract, you can lease a car for 3 to 12 months. Only a small amount of financial information is required and the car can generally be delivered much quicker.
Who is Short Term Rental for?
Short term leasing is the ideal arrangement for contract workers, or existing customers of OSV waiting for delivery of a new car needing an interim vehicle. Cost wise it’s significantly less than traditional daily rentals.
THE PROS OF SHORT TERM RENTAL
- It is a small commitment. This is particularly useful if you’re a contract worker and only need the car for a short period of time
- Maintenance and Road Fund Licence is included in the costs. Any servicing and wear and tear are included in the price. This makes for easy budgeting
- Reduced underwriting criteria. This means you are less likely to have to provide as much financial information, this is great for those with a poor credit score
THE CONS OF SHORT TERM RENTAL
- Short term leasing tends to be more expensive than other forms of leasing, such as contract hire
- You are limited to only a number of cars. These also might not have the specification you want
- Insurance is significantly higher on a short term lease
THINK ABOUT A SHORT TERM LEASE?
If you need more information we can help. Download our Ultimate Guide to Vehicle Leasing.