Estate Agents spend a lot of time out and about. It’s a huge part of their job. Which means that they need decent cars, right?
If you are an Estate Agent then you need a car that’s efficient, easy to drive and comfortable. Not to mention easy to park and practical. There are a lot of cars on the market that could be perfect, but which ones are the best?
In this article, we look at the top cars for Estate Agents and what you should look for when looking for a new car.
What are the best cars for Estate Agents?
The Citroen C3 isn’t too big and it isn’t too small and is perfect for navigating towns and cities. It’s fun looking and comes with a good amount of technology. It’s also super comfortable, with an Advanced Comfort feature that improves visibility and softens suspension. This makes it the perfect car to be sitting in all day.
The Hyundai i20 isn’t as funky looking as the C3 but that doesn’t mean it should be overlooked. If you go for a premium trim you get an infotainment system. It is hugely practical as well, with one of the biggest boots in its class. It also comes with a panoramic sunroof. It also comes with cruise control and rear parking sensors if you go for the SE Trim. It’s also inexpensive to insure which is perfect.
The Mazda2 is stylish and fun to drive as well as comfortable, making it the perfect car for an Estate Agent. It handles well and has great running costs. And, if you go for the premium trim you get leather interior which makes it look incredibly luxurious, competing with the likes of the Audi A1.
There’s also an infotainment system which you can hook up to your smart-phone and access the internet, radio and social media. Though we don’t recommend you access them while you are driving.
Easy to drive, reliable and it looks good, the Toyota Yaris is the perfect car. More spacious than the previous Yaris, Toyota have so much faith in their cars that they’ve even extended their warranty.
It is quite small, but this means it’s easy to control and to navigate the city. It can also fit in the smallest of spaces which makes it very appealing for Estate Agents.
If you’re looking for something even more fun, then the Aygo is perfect. Quirky looking that is easily customisable, the Aygo is the perfect city car for Estate Agents. Easy to drive, comfortable and reliable, the Aygo is also cheap to run.
It looks good inside and comes with a good amount of equipment. The range-topping trim comes with a reversing camera, climate control and keyless entry. However, the boot is pretty small, but that shouldn’t be much of a problem.
The Peugeot 208 is great to drive and looks good whilst at it. Legroom and headroom is good, even though visibility isn’t that great.
The range-topping trim comes with a leather-trimmed steering wheel, bigger alloys as well as a DAB radio and climate control. You can also get Peugeot’s newest infotainment system.
It is practical and cheap to run which makes it perfect for driving about in all day.
You can’t really go wrong with a Golf and they make the perfect cars for Estate Agents. You know it will drive well because it’s a Volkswagen and they are reliable. Plus, with so many trims you can make it as flash as you like.
If you’re looking for something that won’t let you down then the Volkswagen Golf is perfect.
What should I look for in a new car?
So we’ve been through the top cars for Estate Agents but as we said, they aren’t the only cars on the market. We recommend that you have a shop around to make sure that you are making the right decision. The things you should be considering are;
- If you are going to be in and out of your car all day, you’re going to want to make sure it’s as comfortable as possible.
- Having to stop constantly to fill the car up with petrol is a huge pain especially if you’re out on the road all day. When looking for a car, make sure it’s efficient and has a higher mpg so you don’t have to keep filling up.
- Consider a hybrid
- Not only will it look good for the company image but it also means you won’t have to fill up as regularly because you’ll be running on electricity for some of the time. It’s also great if you are driving in and around the city because you won’t pick up speed and therefore won’t be using any fuel.
- Make sure it’s practical
- While you don’t want a car that’s too small, you also don’t want a car that’s too big. You’re going to need a car that can fit into pretty much any space as you’ll be parking a lot.
- Check the emissions
- If you are in and around London you will have to pay congestion charge, so you will want a car that emits a low amount of CO2 (plus it’s just better for the environment)
- Many city cars emit low CO2 emissions anyway, but it’s best to double check
So those are some of the things you should be looking for.
Ideally, the top cars for Estate Agents are medium sized city cars. They are practical, fun and easy to drive and they can easily drive around the city. If you are looking for a new car, then you would want to look for one that has a high mpg and emits a low amount of CO2. As we said, these aren’t the only cars available and there are many others out there that could be perfect for you. You can use our search function below to see what we have available. We recommend looking at a high mpg and either a hatchback or a coupe.
Latest posts by Holly Martin (see all)
- Personal Contract Purchase vs. Personal Contract Hire - 21st January 2020
- A list of the best electric vans available in the UK - 4th September 2018
- Should you lease your next car? - 30th July 2018