When you are getting a new car, it’s always nice to know where it’s being built and the journey it goes on to get to your drive.
But the automotive industry is so huge and, as of 2012, 165,000 cars were being built every day.That’s a huge number and it can be hard to track down where your car is being built.
However, it would be nice to have a rough idea, wouldn’t it?
Well, that’s where we come in. In this article, we are going to go through some of the most well-known car manufacturers and take a look at where their most popular cars are built.
Where does Ford build their cars?
The embodiment of the American dream build their cars all over the world including;
- Ford Mondeo
- United States
- The Ford Mustang is created in Michigan
- The Ford Galaxy is built in Valencia
- Including the Ford Fiesta, Focus and Everest
- The EcoSport is built in India.
Where are Vauxhalls built?
Vauxhall are a classic British brand, and it’s reflected in the fact that one of their most iconic cars, the Astra, is built here in the UK at Ellesmere Port. Their other cars, though, are produced throughout Europe;
- The Vectra, Corsa, Zafira and Insignia are all built in Germany
- The Corsa is also built in Spain
Where does Jaguar build their cars?
Jaguar are another classic British brand and you will be pleased to know that each of the luxury cars are built here in the UK.
- The Jaguar XE and F-Pace are built in Solihull
- The Jaguar XF is built in Castle Bromwich
Where do Mercedes build their cars?
Mercedes-Benz build their cars all over the world. But there are a number of them that are produced in Germany, including;
- A Class
- B Class
- C Class
- Including the Saloon, Estate, Coupe and Cabriolet
- E Class Saloon
- SL Class
And the rest?
- The G-Class is made in Austria
- The C-Class Saloon is also built in South Africa
- The CLA Coupe and Shooting Brake are both built in Hungary
- The GLE SUV and the GLS are built in the United States
And we can’t forget the Smart Cars;
- The Smart ForFour is built in Slovenia
- And the ForTwo is built in France
Where does BMW build their cars?
Another classic German manufacturer, and a majority of BMW cars are built in Germany. However, they also have an American plant and the following are built in the USA;
Where are Toyota’s built?
Did you know there are sixteen Toyota factories in Japan? And thirteen of those are located in Toyota City. It’s was renamed Toyota City due to the ties the manufacturer had with the city previously known as Koromo. So a majority of Toyota’s cars are built in Toyota City, and the rest in the other factories in Japan. But there are a few models that are built elsewhere;
- The Avensis and Auris are both produced here in the UK in Derbyshire.
- The Yaris Hatchback is built in France and Thailand
- And the Camry is also built in Thailand
Where is a Lexus built?
Unlike many other brands, including their parent company Toyota, all Lexus cars are built in Japan. Every single one.
Where does Nissan build their cars?
- The Note
Where does Volkswagen build their cars?
Many Volkswagen’s build their cars in Germany. However, they also have factories around the world;
- The 3dr Polo
- South America
- The 3dr Polo is also built in South America
- This is because America
Where are Fiat cars built?
Due to their popularity across the world, Fiat build their cars all over, including;
- The Fiat Spider is built in Hiroshima
- The Fiat 500 is built in Toluca in Chrysler’s assembly plant
- The Fiat 500L is built in Serbia, who knew?
- The Fiat Punto and Panda are both built in Italy
Where does SEAT build their cars?
SEAT is another interesting one. SEAT have always been known to build their cars locally. Since their conception, they have developed the ability and infrastructure to develop their cars in Spain. 90% of SEAT cars are built in Barcelona with local materials and parts. They are the only Spanish manufacturer to do this.
The only exception is the SEAT Mii which is built in Poland.
Where does Peugeot build their cars?
Peugeot still builds many of their cars in France. But they have plants across the world;
- The 308
- The 2008
- The 208, 308 and 508 are all built in France
Where are Mini’s built?
What cars are built in the UK?
We’ve listed quite a few manufacturers and where their respective cars are built. But you could be wondering which cars are built in the UK specifically. More than 1.6 million cars were produced in the first 11 months of 2016 and almost 78% of those were exported.
So here is a comprehensive list of the cars built in the UK;
- Mini Clubman
- Mini Countryman
- Auris (and hybrid)
- Aston Martin
- Flying Spur
- Land Rover
- Discovery Sport
- Range Rover Evoque
- Range Rover Sport
- Rolls Royce
So if you want to buy British, you know what cars to buy.
Hopefully, this has given you a good idea of where each car is built. If you’re looking to buy British then you’ll know which cars and brands you want to be looking at. And, it’s always interesting to know where your car came from.
Latest posts by Holly Martin (see all)
- Personal Contract Purchase vs. Personal Contract Hire - 21st January 2020
- A list of the best electric vans available in the UK - 4th September 2018
- Should you lease your next car? - 30th July 2018