Leasing A Coupe
Take a look through our selection of coupes.
WHAT IS A COUPE?
Are you looking for a luxury car that has a bit more storage? Something sleek and stylish that will impress and shows some speed when given full reign?
The coupe (also known as a coupé) refers to a car with a fixed-roof body style that also, usually, has two doors. They are described as a two-door, hard-topped car that has a rear-sloping roof.
The coupe body style has been popular for a long time, it’s a design used by a majority of sports cars and a large number of luxury cars.
As with other car types, there are a number of variations of the coupe body style, including:
- Club coupe – a two-door car that has a larger rear passenger seating space
- Four-door coupe – this is not as common as the more common two-door variant, with rear passenger door access reduced by the sloping of the roof. This is a style associated with German luxury cars
- Business coupe – a two-door car with a removable rear seat, this was designed in the 1930s and intended for travelling salespeople and other vendors who travelled with their wares
Some manufacturers use the term coupe when they are talking about cars that are sportier versions of their saloon that have sloping roofs and two doors. However, there are some, such as the Alfa Romeo GT or Toyota GT86 that have little in common with other models made by the manufacturer.
If you’re looking for a luxury car that will definitely impress, one that will make the commute fun then a coupe might be perfect for you. Below you can see a range of makes and models that we can offer. Give us a call now on 01903 538835 or send us a message to request a call back at a time that fits you.
HISTORY OF THE COUPE
The original coupe was a horse-drawn carriage called a Berline Coupe, though the name was shortened eventually to coupe.
The carriage was intended for two passengers, without rear-facing seats. The coupe carriage was believed to be the ideal vehicle for ladies to take when going shopping or making social visits.
The earliest versions of the coupe style car were modelled on the original coupe carriage, with a space for the driver at the front of the vehicle (open to the elements) and an enclosed space at the rear for two passengers. By 1910, this design had changed, with the coupe referring to a car with two-doors for a driver and up to 2 passengers on a single bench seat.
In 1977, the coupe was formally defined by the creation of ISO 3833-1977 which used the following identifiers to specify what qualities make up a car they would refer to as a coupe.
- Usually, limited rear volume
Hood / Roof
- Fixed, rigid roof
- A portion of the roof may, however, be openable
- 2 or more seats in at least 1 row
- 2 side doors
- There may also be a rear opening
- 2 or more side windows
Some manufacturers use coupe as a marketing term rather than as a technical description of the car’s body style. A coupe is usually seen as a more streamlined, sporty car, smaller than the saloon model.
BENEFITS OF A COUPE
The coupe is an attractive car. If you’re looking for a sporty and sleek vehicle for your commute then a coupe could be exactly what you’re after.
THE PROS OF A COUPE
- Attractive exterior – the style of a coupe is stylish and impressive
- Easy to park – the smaller coupes are much easier to park than a family saloon car
- Lighter car – makes them speedier
THE CONS OF A COUPE
- Not a practical family car
- Less storage
LEASING A COUPE IS MORE ECONOMICAL THAN YOU MIGHT THINK
If you’re interested in getting a new coupe, or any other type of car, give us a call on 01903 538835 or request a call back.