Best Vehicles for Personal Leasing
But as with anything, you want to make sure that you are getting the best deal you can. And, you may be wondering which cars are better for personal leasing.
That’s where we come in. In this article, we look at the best vehicles for personal leasing, and what you should be looking out for when looking at lease deals online.
Are some vehicles better for personal leasing than others?
If you do your research, then you can get a good leasing deal regardless of what car you go for. That said, there are some vehicles that can be better suited to personal leasing than they can be for business. So, which ones are best?
Best Vehicles for Personal Leasing
These are in no particular order, and aren’t the only cars that are great for personal leasing. It should also be noted that these prices are of August 2017 and may be subject to change. Here are our top picks;
The A3 has received rave reviews across the board and is the perfect family hatchback for those looking for something slightly more luxurious.
As popular as ever, there are often some great deals to be had on the Volkswagen Golf. Perfect for both young and old, as well as families, you can’t go wrong with a Volkswagen Golf. Seven generations on and it still looks good, drives well and does everything you expect a Volkswagen to do.
You can often find personal lease deals under the £200 mark for the Volkswagen Golf, depending on which type you go for. This is correct as of August 2017.
Due to its popularity, the Kia Sportage is often a great car to lease. If a car is very popular, then it often comes down in lease price which is why there are some great deals to be had on the Kia Sportage.
The Kia Sportage has been hugely popular with families and is one of the leaders in the growing crossover sector of the motoring industry. The Sportage is affordable, comfortable and comes with a seven year warranty which makes it popular for those who want longer lease contracts. Kia are also a very reliable brand which makes them even more appealing for families.
You can find personal lease deals for the Kia Sportage for under £200, as of August 2017.
Again, because of its popularity, the Nissan Qashqai often has good personal lease deals. Similar to the Sportage, the Qashqai has been making waves as the perfect car for families who want something larger but don’t want to overstretch their budget.
Critics have often said that the Qashqai kickstarted our obsession with the SUV Crossover, and it’s popularity doesn’t seem to be wavering. The Qashqai looks good, it’s comfortable and, being a Volkswagen, means it drives very well.
Range Rover Evoque
The Evoque is slightly on the more expensive side but it is often more viable to lease the Evoque privately.
This is because if you lease through a business, you have to pay company car tax. How much you pay in company car tax depends on how much CO2 the car emits, the more CO2 it emits the more you have to pay in company car tax. This means that cars such as the Range Rover Evoque can cost more in the long run if you lease through a business. This is because they cost more in company car tax. Therefore, it is often advisable to lease cars such as the Evoque privately. The Evoque has also proved hugely popular with both young and old, and is a popular sight on British roads. While Land Rovers and Range Rovers have always been popular, the Evoque has put the brand at the forefront of the luxury SUV market.
As we said, the Evoque will be more expensive than others, but it is often better to lease personally than through business.
Land Rover Discovery Sport
Again, this is mainly down to the emissions, but you can also get some great Land Rover Discovery Sport deals, including ones for under £300 (correct as of August 2017).
The Discovery Sport was voted the Best Compact SUV in the AutoExpress awards in 2015, and has proved popular with those who want the premium of a Range Rover but without the heftier price tag.
Perfect for families living in both rural and urban areas, the Discovery Sport has continued to be a hit and will do for some time. Therefore, it’s a great vehicle to lease.
Due to the initial price, low running costs and overall popularity, the Vauxhall Corsa is a great car to lease privately.
Mainly popular with young people (you can read about car leasing for young people here) the Vauxhall Corsa makes a great first car. That said, it is also perfect for young families or those who want something small and affordable that gets them from A to B.
So those are some of the best vehicles for personal leasing. As we said, this list isn’t exhaustive by any means, but they are some of our top picks.
How do you determine a lease price?
There are a few things that affect lease prices. These include;
- The overall cost of the car
- How quickly the car depreciates
- Depreciation is how much value the car loses over a period of time. All cars depreciate, but some depreciate slower than others and vice versa. Generally, the slower the depreciation the lower the lease price.
- The mileage
- When you lease a car, you will be given a set amount of miles that you can do each year. If you go over them, then you will have to pay an excess mileage fee. The more miles you do a year, the more the car will depreciate and therefore the higher your lease will cost. Therefore, it is important to check how many miles you are being quoted for when you look at lease deals, as this can vary.
- How long your contract is
- Contrary to popular belief, the longer the contract doesn’t always equate to cheaper monthly payments. Sometimes it can be cheaper to go for a shorter contract than a longer one. This is because the car will spend less time depreciating.
- Ultimately, though, it comes down to how long you want your contract to be. But again, you need to check this when you are looking at lease deals because the rate will change depending on how long you lease your car for.
Those are some of the things that affect lease prices. You can read more about what impacts lease price here.
What to look for when looking at lease deals
If you are looking at lease deals online, it can be overwhelming, particularly if you are seeing so many good deals that you don’t know where to start. To make things somewhat easier, here are some of the things you should be looking for when looking at lease deals;
- The mileage
- As we said, the monthly price of a lease contract can vary depending on the mileage. When you find a lease deal you need to make sure that the price is with your required mileage. You could find a really affordable lease deal only to find it is with 5,000 miles when you need 10,000.
- The duration of the contract
- This is the same as above, the price can vary depending on how long the contract is. Double check that you are happy with having your car for that length of time.
- Check the specification
- Lease deals advertised on websites can only apply to one specific model. This means that if you want additional extras, such as extra kit or things such as a safety pack, then you could end up paying more than you first thought. Therefore, you should always check the complete specification to ensure that the price is in accordance with everything you want in your car
- Take into account other fees
- This includes things such as;
- An administration fee
- The cost of insurance (when you lease a car it has to be fully comprehensive)
- Maintenance costs (you might want to consider a maintenance agreement)
- Other running costs
- All of these can impact how much your lease car costs in the long term. You could find a great lease deal but the insurance costs mean it takes you up and over your budget. Therefore, it’s important you take additional costs into account when leasing a car.
- This includes things such as;
Hopefully this has given you some idea of what sort of vehicles are best for personal leasing as well as some more information on what to look for when looking at lease deals, and other considerations you might want to take into account. As we said, the list isn’t exhaustive and there are plenty of vehicles that are great for personal leasing, but those are our top picks.